Friday, September 1, 2017

Celebrate The Small Things - September 1, 2017

 

Wow, I didn't realize it was September already! And Labor Day weekend! What?! August went by so fast that I don't even remember what I did most of the month. With our 104 degree weather, I couldn't tell that Fall was getting closer except that our tree's leaves are turning brown and falling. Oh and that it's starting to get darker sooner.

When we left the dojo last night at 8:00pm, my son was surprised that it was dark yet it was 100 degrees out. I like wearing shorts, but I'm done with this heat. Come on, Autumn!

I took my dogs out for a walk yesterday and the only time it rains the whole week is when we're out. Of course I had no umbrella because there was no rain in the forecast. It stopped raining when we got home. Sweat and rain was dripping into my eyes as I was wiping my dogs down. Beautiful.

But what can I celebrate this week?

Well, yesterday I bumped into my estranged cousin from Hawaii that I haven't seen in years. Her nephew goes to school with my kids so she was picking him up from school. We exchanged hugs and had a nice chat. On my part, it was nice seeing her again.

I miss my old Zumba instructor, Iris. She had the best music and I had been looking for those songs for years. This week, I found them on YouTube! I was so excited! Of course I added them to my at-home Zumba workout today. One is called Chillando Goma by Fulanito. How can you not shake your booty to this? Another one is Ey Macalena by Samba Do Brasil. *Sigh* This makes me miss my old friends from Brazil that I had when I was living in France.

Another thing I am celebrating is Sarah Glidden's graphic novel How to Understand Israel in 60 Days or Less. I was looking for graphic novels to check out from the library and only checked this one out because I heard Sarah Glidden being interviewed on a podcast. I've heard her name tossed around the comics world so I wanted to find out what her books were like. I just started it, but wow, this book is dropping knowledge on me left and right. I like it! No wonder people like her stuff.

I had a bad drawing week, but here's a little doggie to leave you with. I drew this a few months ago while I was practicing drawing dogs.



I hope you had a good week!
Check out the blogs below for your reading pleasure and please visit our hosts' blogs:
Lexa Cain: http://lexacain.blogspot.com/
L.G. Keltner http://lgkeltner.blogspot.co.uk/
Tonja Drecker http://tonjadrecker.blogspot.com/
1.Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell8.Constantine
9.My Miracle Life10.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams
11.Lara Lacombe12.TF Walsh
13.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures14.Suzanne Furness
15.Elizabeth Seckman16.Avalon
17.My Baffling Brain18.Planet Kimberly
19.Shah Wharton20.Victorian Scribbles
21.Tanya Miranda22.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 2013
23.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace24.Square Pegs
25.Patricia's Place26.Anne Higa
27.My Antimatter Life28.Bouquet of Books
29.Lightravellerkate30.Curious As A Cathy
31.Glennie's Random Ramblings32.In My Own Words
33.Tamara Narayan, Author34.My Creatively Random Life
35.Yvonne Ventresca36.On Becoming a Writer
37.Decadent Kane38.Stacy Uncorked
39.Sharon Himsl--Shells, Tales & Sails40.Cloud Nine Girl
41.Our Simple Life42.Our Prime Years
43.Allison Bruning

8 comments:

  1. 100 degrees! Unbearable. 70 degree is about as much as I can take nowadays, which is one reason I have been putting off visiting my new granddaughter in Singapore. Eh, Macarena - feel good song. Tapping my toes already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a cute little doggie picture! Glad you had a nice chat with your cousin and the weather will be cooling off soon. It's already cooler where we live. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you living now? The weather here in TN has definitely turned to fall...high of 64 today! But it's because of Hurricane Harvey. I hope by the time that influence has dissipated, we will be well into fall and every day cooler temps.

    Fun bumping into old family & friends, at least most of the time. ;)

    Here's to a great week next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in California. I made the mistake of wearing a T-shirt to pick my kids up from school instead of a tank top. I was dripping sweat even standing in the shade! Ugh!

      Delete
  4. It's so cold here this morning I'm contemplating putting on a heater. You've reminded me how much I used to enjoy Zumba, but then timetables changed and I had to give it up. Maybe that could be my autumn fitness challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found some Zumba tunes to keep you going. I'm thinking about designing an exercise program which uses heavy metal music...hey, it works for me in the gym,, and I know there are plenty of metal fans out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. There are a lot of people who work out to heavy metal music. Go for it!

      Delete
  6. I'm with you. Bring on autumn and cooler weather please. Hope you had a better drawing week. The doggie is cute!

    ReplyDelete