Friday, September 9, 2016

Celebrate The Small Things - September 9, 2016




I just discovered that one of my new friends, Brittney, likes to listen to French music like me! And she’s an artist! So I’ve been sending her YouTube links of my favorite French songs and links of artists/illustrators. I told her about the drawings workshops I go to, so she went to one with me yesterday. She loved it! It’s so nice to find a kindred spirit.

 My friend, Jewel, was the model for the workshop yesterday. This is one of the drawings I did of her:

The other new friend, Shelly, is a writer. I told her about a writer’s workshop that is happening this Sunday, so she’s going to go, too! It’s funny that I’ve seen Brittney and Shelly at the gym for months and have been in classes with them there, but never knew they were kindred spirits. (Sorry, I got the term "kindred spirits" from the Anne of Green Gables books and have used it ever since.) I guess the right topics have to come up in order for you to find out what you have in common with people. You have to go beyond the small talk or surface talk. Shelly, Brittney, and I use lockers in the same area, so I guess we were bound to meet each other.

We were talking with a group of other girls in the locker room about taking ice baths after a workout. I said that I couldn’t handle taking an ice bath and the most I could do was a cold shower in the locker room which was in actuality probably lukewarm at most. Then I went to take a shower and couldn’t get the hot water to work. The faucet was broken. The warmest I was able to get it was lukewarm. Very funny ghost boy.

I jokingly blame all of the weird happenings at the gym on the ghost boy that resides there. I know how far to take it, though. My friend, Rebecca, was making fun of the ghost boy, then immediately afterward she pulled her oblique muscle. It’s funny, but not funny. She didn’t think of the ghost boy being the culprit until I mentioned it. She freaked out. Lol!

I had to revise the text in my picture book this week, but I think it’s stronger now. It will be a miracle when I can actually get it out to agents. Geez! It’s talking so long!

I wrote down a couple of funny ideas for my comic book. They were inspired by my kids. My son also dropped his favorite Big Nate book in a pile of bird turd on the way to school. It was funny and I wanted to put it in my comic book, but he doesn’t want me to.

It’s so hard to decide on which to work on, my novel, my comic book, or queries for my picture book. Time is so hard to come by.


What are you celebrating?
Check out the blogs below for your reading pleasure and please visit our hosts' blogs:
Lexa Cain: http://lexacain.blogspot.com/
L.G. Keltner http://lgkeltner.blogspot.co.uk/
Tonja Drecker http://tonjadrecker.blogspot.com/
If you would like to join our blog hop, visit Lexa Cain's blog for info.

1.

Lexa Cain2.Fiction and Film
3.Writing Off the Edge4.Kidbits
5.TheCyborgMom6.Thoughts and Ideas from Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
7.My Inner Geek8.Intentional Insights with S. Kelley Harrell
9.Constantine10.My Miracle Life
11.Writing, Reading, and the Pursuit of Dreams12.Shells Tales and Sails
13.Lara Lacombe14.TF Walsh
15.Life, Yoga and Other Adventures16.About myself, by myself
17.Suzanne Furness18.Elizabeth Seckman
19.Avalon20.My Baffling Brain
21.Planet Kimberly22.Shah Wharton
23.Victorian Scribbles24.Tanya Miranda
25.Ann - A Friend of Jesus 201326.Special Teaching At Pempi's Palace
27.Square Pegs28.Patricia's Place
29.Yvonne Van Dalen30.Anne Higa
31.My Antimatter Life32.Bouquet of Books
33.Lightravellerkate34.Curious As A Cathy
35.Julie Flanders36.Crazy Old Lady
37.In My Own Words38.Allison Bruning
39.Tamara Narayan, Author40.My Creatively Random Life
41.Yvonne Ventresca



3 comments:

  1. How great that you found people who share your interests! I'm sure you'll have a great time with them. You sure have a lot of ghosts in your neck of the woods, house ghosts, yard ghosts, funeral ghosts, gym ghosts. I'd love to see a ghost or anything supernatural, but so far no luck. Good luck with your novel and comic book and queries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely drawing! There are some things I can draw, but faces are not one of them. That's wonderful that you have so much in common with your new friends. It's so true that you never know what a person's like until you get beyond the small talk.
    I definitely hear you about not having enough time for everything. Good luck with all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it when I discover new things about my friends... and I also love listening to French music... I have a playlist I listen to when i write different kinds of scenes in a book :)

    ReplyDelete